For sale by private treaty as a whole or in lots, 97.307 acres (39.38 hectares) (more or less) agricultural land currently laid to pasture under a stewardship scheme (which finishes 31st July 2017) at Turf Fen, Doddington, March, Cambridgeshire, PE15 0TB - On instructions from S.M. Guy Limited. Guide Price £750,000.
A BLOCK OF AGRICULTURAL LAND
CURRENTLY LAID TO PASTURE UNDER A STEWARDSHIP SCHEME
(which ends 31st July 2017)
extending in total to
97.307 acres (39.38 hectares) (more or less)
MAXEY GROUNDS & CO. LLP
are favoured with instructions from
S.M. Guy Limited
TO OFFER FOR SALE BY PRIVATE TREATY
AS A WHOLE OR IN LOTS
Guide Price: £750,000
1. SITUATION - The land is situate at Turf Fen, to the south of the Village of Doddington. Access can be gained from Turf Fen Lane or from Primrose Hill, Doddington.
2. METHOD OF SALE - The land is offered for sale by Private Treaty as a whole or in lots and prospective Purchasers are invited to make contact with Maxey Grounds & Co., 20 - 24 Market Place, March, Cambridgeshire, PE15 9JH to discuss their interest at an early date.
3. EXCHANGE OF CONTRACTS AND COMPLETION - Exchange of Contracts will take place 21 days after receipt by the Purchaser(s) Solicitor of the draft contract, with completion as soon as possible, thereafter.
4. POSSESSION - Vacant Possession upon completion of the purchase.
5. TENANT RIGHT - All unexhausted manurial values and lime residues are included in the sale.
No claim for dilapidations, if any, shall be made by the Purchaser against the Vendor.
6. NITRATE VULNERABLE ZONE - The land lies within a Nitrate Vulnerable Zone.
7. BASIC PAYMENTS SCHEME - The land has been registered with the Rural Payments Agency under the Basic Payment Scheme and Entitlements have been established and claimed. It is intended that Entitlements will be transferred to the Purchaser (or his nominee) following completion of the sale.
The Vendor will retain all payments in respect of the 2017 claim year and the Purchaser will be required to indemnify the Vendor in respect of all cross compliance matters up to 31st December 2017.
8. COUNTRYSIDE STEWARDSHIP SCHEME - The land is currently in Higher Level Stewardship under Agreement number AG00238396, which expires in August 2017.
The land was drilled with a grass mix, to Natural England specification, to attract breeding Waders and the natural drainage has been altered to allow control of the water table. Some scrapes have been dug.
Capital works, including fencing, have been undertaken, within the scheme.
The Vendor has been in correspondence with Natural England concerning the future use of the land once the current Stewardship Scheme ends and Natural England have confirmed that the land could be taken back into arable cropping or a further Stewardship Scheme could be considered.
In order to retain complete flexibility for the Purchaser, the Vendor submitted an application for a 5 year Mid-Tier Stewardship Scheme prior to the May 2017 deadline. If accepted, the scheme would commence 1st January 2018. Further details and a copy of the application can be obtained from the Agents.
UNDERDRAINAGE - The land has been underdrained using gravel backfill where necessary and some plans may be available.
10. SERVICES - There are no services connected to the land.
11. OUTGOINGS - Such are the outgoings, as are known, are mentioned in these Particulars, but no guarantee is given that the amounts stated are accurate or that all outgoings appear.
All the land falls within the Middle Level Commissioners area, also the Curf and Wimblington Combined Internal Drainage Board and drainage rates are payable.
12. OVERAGE CLAUSE - The land is sold subject to an overage clause in respect of any increase in value due to planning permission being granted for development. This will relate to 30% of the increased value, for a period of 30 years. It is not intended to be triggered by the erection of a single stable.
13. SPORTING RIGHTS - The Sporting Rights are included in the sale.
14. MINERAL RIGHTS - The minerals, so far as they are owned, are included in the sale.
15. BOUNDARIES - The Vendor will not be bound to determine the ownership of boundaries. The Purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the ownership of the boundaries.
16. RIGHTS OF WAY AND EASEMENTS - The land is offered for sale with the benefit of, and subject to, all rights of way, water and other rights and to all the easements and wayleaves for electric cables, wires, pylons, stays and transformers (if any) also all telephone poles and wires at present erected on or passing over or under the land and to all agreements or pending arrangements in regard, thereto.
Annual wayleave payments are made in respect of some poles on the land.
17. MISREPRESENTATION ACT - The Particulars are intended as a guide to prospective Purchaser(s) to enable them to decide whether to make further enquiries with a view to taking up any negotiations, but they are otherwise not intended to be relied upon in any way, or for any other purpose, whatever, and accordingly, neither their accuracy, nor the continued availability of the property, is in any way guaranteed and they are furnished on the express understanding that neither the Agent, nor the Vendor are to be, or become under any liability, or claim, in respect of their contents. In the event of the Agent or the Vendor's Solicitor supplying any further information, or expressing any opinion to the prospective Purchaser(s), whether oral, or in writing, such information or expression of the opinion must be treated as given on the same basis as these Particulars.
18. PLANS, AREA AND SCHEDULES - These have been prepared as accurately as possible, based upon Ordnance Survey and other plans. They are published for administrative purposes only and although believed to be correct, their accuracy is not guaranteed.
VALUE ADDED TAX - Any guide price quoted or discussed is exclusive of V.A.T.. In the event that a sale of the property, or part of the property, becomes chargeable a supply for the purpose of V.A.T. such tax will be payable (or become payable) by the Purchaser(s), in addition to the purchase price.
20. PARTICULARS - The Particulars were prepared in May 2017.
21. VIEWING - Interested parties may view at their own risk, during daylight hours, with a set of these Particulars in hand. Access should be taken from Primrose Hill.
22. FURTHER INFORMATION - Please contact Maxey Grounds & Co., Agricultural Department, 20-24 Market Place, March, PE15 9JH. Telephone number: 01354 602030
P A R T I C U L A R S
- o O o -
A block of agricultural land currently grass land
97.307 acres (39.38 hectares)
(more or less)
The land is accessed from Turf Fen Lane or Primrose Hill. It currently comprises 6 adjoining fields laid to grass under Higher Level Stewardship also a Wildlife area adjacent to Primrose Hill.
The Stewardship agreement ends on 31st July 2017 and, therefore, Natural England have indicated that the land can be returned to arable production. Alternatively, application for a Mid-Tier Stewardship Scheme has been submitted, although no offer has yet been received.
S C H E D U L E
Parcel No. Description Area
(Rural Land Register) Acres Hectares
TL 3889 9145 Grass land 10.255 4.15
TL 3889 1957 Grass land 22.560 9.13
TL 3889 2132 Grass land 20.114 8.14
TL 3889 5464 Grass land 17.050 6.90
TL 3889 5547 Grass land 11.786 4.77
TL 3889 7957 Grass land 14.035 5.68
TL 3889 6040 Wildlife area 1.507 0.61
TOTAL 97.307 acres 39.38 hectares
P A S T C R O P P I N G
The majority of the land was drilled with a grass mix in 2007,
under the Higher Level Stewardship Scheme
O U T G O I N G S
Drainage rates for year ending 31-03-17
(for guidance only)
Middle Level Commissioners £1,170
Curf and Wimblington Combined I.D.B. £810
V A C A N T P O S S E S S I O N
upon completion of the purchase or earlier by arrangement.
For further particulars apply to:-
Maxey Grounds & Co. LLP
20 - 24 Market Place
Tel: 01354 602030
Tel: 01354 652505